We invite you to join the “Gay Christian? Yes!” Campaign! Here are some ways:
- Are you an gay Christian, family member or friend who wants to encourage others? Submit a short video or written story of your life. (See details on Video and Pentecost People pages.)
- Are you a pastor who affirms gay Christians? Submit your story of affirmation as an video or essay. (See Video and Pentecost People pages.)
- Would you like your church to become more welcoming of gay Christians? Look at the resources in our Resources section. Contact the Campaign for local speakers and affirming churches that would be happy to tell you how they became welcoming. Email info@GayChristianYes.org.
- Are you a gay Christian or family member looking for support and encouragement on your life journey?
- Check out the groups and pastors listed in the Programs section on this website.
- Visit a gay-friendly church listed in our Churches section.
- Attend an event listed in our Events section
- Order a book or video listed in our Resources section.
- Check out the links to LGBT-affirming websites in our Resources section.
5. Would you like to see the Campaign grow? If so . . .
- Spread the word!
- “Like” us on the “Gay Christian Yes” Facebook page.
- Join our email list. Email us at info@GayChristianYes.org.
- Send a tax-deductible donation by credit card on this website — see the “Just Give” donate button, or send a check (with “Gay Christian? Yes!” in the memo line) to GIFT, 207 East Fulton Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
For more information, contact the “Gay Christian? Yes!” Campaign at info@GayChristianYes.org.
Faith & Sexuality Series: Engaging our Sacred Texts
Join us for a Faith & Sexuality Series during our GRITS adult meetings on Wednesday evenings during the month of February. This series will be lead by Gregory Eran Gronbacher, a gay Jewish man with a passion for theological study and discourse.
We will be encouraged to engage the Scriptures in new ways and glean from the perspectives of one another. This series is sponsored by the Gay Christian? Yes! campaign and GIFT. It is free and open to the public!
Dates: 2/5, 2/12, 2/19, and 2/26
Location: 207 E. Fulton, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
(Turn North onto Barclay, turn into the top parking lot and head down to the bottom parking lot. The door is closest to the sidewalk on Fulton.)
Identify. Tell me why. GCY!
Need to create your video? All it takes is a webcam and five minutes of your time.
Using YouTube (or another preferred video hosting site), you record a web or phone cam video of yourself. Just tell us who you are. LGBT+? Ally?
Tell me why.
Explain why the “Gay Christian? Yes!” message resonates with you. What is your story? How do you find yourself reconciling your spiritual walk, your involvement in a church community, and the various other aspects of your humanity? Allies too! What message of hope can you offer your Christian LGBT friends and neighbors?
Affirm that you are among those who unconditionally recognize the sacred worth of each person and fully welcome all into the life and community of the church by saying “Gay Christian? Yes!” and/or by making a whimsical sign with the GCY name and website to hold up at the end of your video
Submit a link to your video at Facebook.com/GayChristianYes
or via email:
More helpful hints can be found by clicking on "Videos" above, and then on "How to Upload and Share your video"
Make your video today, and join the many voices proclaiming:
"Gay Christian? YES!"
Donate to the Campaign
The “Gay Christian? Yes!” Campaign needs your financial support. Gays In Faith Together (GIFT) runs the Campaign. GIFT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. US donations are eligible for tax deduction. Send your check to
207 East Fulton
Grand Rapid, MI 49503
Or donate by credit card by clicking on this button:
Note that your donation is for the GCY Campaign.
- December 3, 2014 7:00 pmGRITS
- December 10, 2014 7:00 pmGRITS
- December 17, 2014 7:00 pmGRITS